In a little less than two weeks from today, you will be dropping off or sending your Jr. Cougar to begin a new school year! Whoop! Whoop! Our beloved CCS campus is already bursting with busy preparations for this special day! Our elementary dream team is up and down in our abode cleaning, organizing, creating, sharing, encouraging, and of course praying, and so much more to make sure we are ready for all the Lord has in store for us as we embark together on the journey of the 2017/18 school year!
To help you in your "getting ready road," I thought I should share with you where/how to find some important information on our CCS website.
First, our website address is:
Once you have reached our website, if you haven't done so already, you should begin by signing up for our Back-To-School Night and Family Picnic. This is a special night of fun, fellowship, and friendship on our campus! It also means no cooking dinner (Chick-Fil-A will!) and unloading a bunch of supplies "cluttering" your home or child's room -- Just in case you needed a few extra awesome reasons to mark it on your calendar ;)
After signing up, there are important parent/student resources to be found such as Appearance Code, Health/Physical forms, Preplanned Absence forms, District Transportation forms, etc.
These forms and more, as well as our 2017/18 Supply Lists, can be found by:
-Clicking on the RESOURCES tab at the top of the page.
-Then clicking CURRENT FAMILIES in the drop-down menu.
Lastly, I am including the direct links to the Supply Lists below! Happy School Shopping!
Welcome Back to CCS and to Second Grade!
We have already been blessed with the gift of our newest elementary dream team addition! Miss Emilee Slingerland is our new second grade teacher! Whoop! Whoop!
From Miss Slingerland:
I just want to start off by saying how blessed and excited I am to be returning home! Conestoga is close to my heart since I attended as a student from 5th-8th grades. I taught Kindergarten in Philadelphia this past year and am so privileged to be back in my "neck of the woods!" I gained valuable experience this last year and am ready to begin this next adventure. Second graders, get ready for an amazing year. I cannot wait to meet you all, learn and grow together this year!
A Few Procedures for your Pondering Pleasure...
Here are the procedures as stated in the Parent/Student Handbook:
Notifying the School of Absences
- A parent or guardian is expected to call the school office with the reason for the absence as soon as possible on any day a student is absent. Messages can be left on office voice mail at any time. A staff person in the CCS office will be responsible to call for information regarding any absent student for whom no information has been received.
- If a student is reported absent by the homeroom teacher, and there has been no contact from a parent, a call will be placed by office staff to the home phone to determine the reason for the absence.
- If the call is answered by an answering machine, a message will be left stating that the student has been recorded as absent and the parent needs to call the school office to verify the absence.
- If parents would like to request an excused absence, they need to notify the school within three days. While notification does not automatically excuse the absence, no absence will be excused without notification.
Tardies and Early Departures
- A student who arrives late to school must report to the school office to sign in on the form provided. The student is given a pass from the office to class. A student is not permitted into class without a pass.
- A student who leaves school early must report to the school office to sign out on the form provided.
- Whenever possible, a note granting permission for early departure, signed by a parent/guardian, must be given to the student’s homeroom teacher at the beginning of the day.
- No student is permitted to leave school early without parent/guardian knowledge.
- Examples of an excused tardy or early departure include a doctor’s appointment, illness, funeral/memorial service, or family emergency.
- The school reserves the right to determine which tardies and early departures are excused and which are unexcused.
- A tardy that results from a delayed bus is considered excused.
- Preplanned absences must be requested for family events, educational trips, DMV appointments, college visitations, graduation project, etc., and must be submitted to the school office at least five days in advance of the absence. Forms for preplanned absences are available from the school office or the school’s website. https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2bdfd2_63b80678e80b459db67628af8329b891.pdf
- Preplanned absences are not to exceed five school days.
- When an absence in excess of five days is requested, the request must be submitted at least one month in advance.
- Extended absences of five or more days must be limited to one occurrence per school year.
- Additional requests for extended absences (five or more days) will not be excused. Requests due to extenuating circumstances will be handled on an individual basis.
- Preplanned absences are strongly discouraged during the first week of school and during the week of achievement tests for 1st – 8th grades.
- A preplanned absence is required in order to be excused from the senior class trip.
- If possible, assignments will be sent home prior to a preplanned absence. However, students and parents are not to expect all work to be sent home ahead of time.
EnJOY the blessings of the last week and a half of summer sun and fun! We are all looking forward to the JOYS God has in store for us this next school year together!
Thank you for allowing CCS to partner with the Lord and you
to share this part of your child's journey
in growing spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically.
GO Jr. COUGARS!
As seen in the summer "Cougar Update."
Summer 2017 Cougar Update
Jr. Cougars/Elementary School News
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year!” Well, almost! :) The first day of school is drawing near! I am certainly going to be celebrating with much JOY when the halls and classrooms of our elementary abode are decked out with the sounds and sights of our little and big Jr. Cougars and our beloved elementary dream team with their “eyes twinkling like the stars, cheeks summer sun-kissed, and mouths smiling with delight, their minds filled with curiosity, and their hearts overflowing with love for the Lord and each other!”
If you are ready to “make a list” and even “check it twice” our Back to School Supply Lists for preschool through fifth grade can be found at:
To add to the festivities of the new 2017/18 school year, our Jr. Cougars will once again be “filled with glee” as Jr. Cougar Clubs “wrap up” our school days with the return of our Jr. Cougar Running Club and head Coach Dr. Jeni Watson as well as “Science Explorers” and lead scientist, Mrs. Janet “Crystal” Caley. “So you better watch” your email for specific dates and how register your Jr. Cougar as the school year begins.
We have already been blessed with the gift of our newest elementary dream team addition! Ms. Emilee Slingerland will be our new second grade teacher! Whoop! Whoop!
So as the snug summer season tiptoes by and the elementary abode “halls get decked,” classrooms “trimmed,” and the “gifts” are placed in and on the desks, our hearts are filled with love and prayers as you prepare to nestle in your Jr. Cougars for the new school year!