Jr. Cougars - Together Again!
The hallways, classrooms, lunchroom, and playground are filled with the sounds of learning and laughter, walking and talking, and of course love and JOY once again! It has been a fun-filled, action-packed, faith-growing, fan-tabulous first two weeks of school with our great God, our elementary dream team, our precious Jr. Cougars, and you, yes, YOU! We look forward to our continued journey together over the next 174 school days! ;)
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” Hebrews 10:24-25
Jr. Cougar Chapel
One of my favorite CCS Jr. Cougar together times is happening again soon! On Friday, 9/23/16, at 8:30 am, in the Multipurpose Room in the high school we will be gathering together for our first elementary Jr. Cougar chapel of the new school year. We welcome you to join us in this special time of worshiping and praising God, of learning about and loving Him and each other!
“For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” Matthew 18:20
Moms in Prayer
Moms in Prayer is a group of 2 or more women who meet regularly to intercede on behalf of children and schools through prayer. Are you interested in praying for the children and staff at CCS? You don't need to be eloquent in prayer (or even audible), just committed to prayer!
Friday mornings beginning this Friday, 9/9/16
8:30 - 9:30
Julie Allan's home
94 Overlook Rd.
Pour out your heart like water before the presence of the Lord! Lift your hands to Him for the lives of your children. Lamentations 2:19
The Scholastic Book Fair Is Coming!
Reading for pleasure unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Here’s what you can do to help children develop stronger reading skills and a love for reading:
· Set the example. Let children see you read.
· Have a collection of books in your home. Update this collection routinely to keep pace
with changing tastes and reading skills.
· Support our school’s Book Fair. Allow your children to choose books to read.
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings the books kids want to read right into our school. With buyers' discretion, there is a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
Book Fair dates: September 12-16, 2016
Shopping hours: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:00 - 12:00
If you are unable to attend the Fair in person, we invite you to copy and paste this address to visit our online Book Fair at:https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=conestogachristianschool&appesp=CPT/ib/20120101///txtl/FairFindertoHomepage
Our online Fair is available from September 10 - 20.
Teachers will have a Classroom Wish List of books they would like to add to their classroom libraries. Parents can purchase from the wish list, and books are sent to the school for free.
We look forward to seeing you and your family at our Book Fair! Remember, all purchases benefit our school.
Jr. Cougar Running Club
"...let us run with endurance the race that is set before us..." Hebrews 12:1
From Your Coach (Dr. Jeni Watson):
The kids did a great job on Tuesday, despite the heat! Everyone ran at least 1.5 miles!! We spent some time running in relay races, core exercises, and running the course around the playground. As the weeks pass, we will spend more time "just running" as we work up to a 5K scheduled for the evening of Oct. 25. Parents, siblings, friends, etc. are welcome to run with your child(ren) at that time or simply come to encourage the runners.
In order to have a productive practice for the 75 min. I have with the kiddos, I just wanted to reiterate a few points:
1. As in a classroom, I expect the kids to be respectful to their teammates, me, and our assistant coach, Ms. Green. I will continue to redirect inappropriate behaviors. Please talk with your child(ren) about encouraging others, walking when tired (rather than napping in the fields or under trees :-), and avoiding hanging and climbing on the trees. (Though a tree climbing club would likely be a huge hit, as I gather from today :-)
2. Please be sure he/she has enough water. Many of the kids didn't have enough water today, which can affect performance and mood; therefore, I encourage multiple drink breaks.
3. Thank you for the small, quick snacks which made for a rapid transition from school to the warm-ups.
4. Thank you for the appropriate footwear.
And finally, 2 date reminders:
1. In 2 weeks, the club will meet on MONDAY, Sept. 19, rather than on the 20th, as I have a prior engagement.
2. The night of the 5K on Oct. 25, we will not meet after school; rather, we will meet in the evening. Details will follow closer to the date.
Thanks again for encouraging your child(ren) to run and build his/her God-given body.
SCIENCE EXPLORERS - Back and Together Again
We welcome back to our CCS campus “Science Explorers” which will once again be led by our super and sometimes silly “scientist” Mrs. “Crystal” Caley. Science Explorers will meet many Thursdays after school, from 2:45 - 4:00 pm. On Friday, 9/23/16, from 1:45-2:30 pm in the MPR, we will be having our Science Explorers Kickoff Assembly where we always have a blast of a time together! Please watch your child’s folder after this special assembly for details on how to register for our Science Explorers after school club! Science Rocks!
Our CCS School Picture Day is coming up on Wednesday, 9/21/16. Order forms should be coming home with your Jr. Cougar this week. SMILE! :)
Thank you for allowing CCS
to partner with the Lord and you
to share this part of your child's journey in growing
spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically.
GO Jr. COUGARS! Whoop! Whoop!